Advantages to a Public / Private Partnership
Public/Private Partnerships are the way of the future. The city turns an operating expense into a positive cash flow and the end user receives a superior product and experience.
- Cost avoidance – The cost of operating and maintaining the sports park falls upon the operator, not the city.
- Public agency receives annual income from the private operator via a management contract.
- Sportsplex USA will focus on adult sports, allowing existing parks to recapture access to fields for youth programs.
- Outsourcing the management and operation of the park frees current park and recreation staff for the growing demands for their time.
- MILLIONS of DOLLARS added to local economy through visitors to the sports park.
- The facility is operated and maintained by a professional staff in a more economical manner.
- A better ability to host major local and national tournaments.
- The opportunity to get qualified professionals to handle the entire full-service food and beverage operation.